Fill in an information request form
- Learn modern Hebrew while spending a few months in Israel.
- Live and work on a Kibbutz; experience this unique lifestyle firsthand.
- Share the Israeli experience with peers from around the world.
The Ulpan program combines work and language studies on kibbutz. The program also includes extra-curricular programs, social activities, and Judaic enrichment.
- Hebrew language studies: 24 weekly classroom hours are devoted to the study of modern Hebrew on two different levels. Classes are held in the morning and afternoon and are supervised by the Ministry of Education. Upon the conclusion of the Ulpan, students take a national competency test and are eligible for a diploma. Class participation is mandatory.
- Work: Ulpan participants are required to work 24 hours per week. Places of employment are determined as needed by the Kibbutz.
- Social Activities: The late afternoon hours are set aside for social activities such as touring, enrichment classes, social programs, leadership training, volunteer work, etc.
- Host Families: Each participant is assigned a host family on kibbutz and is free to visit and spend time with them at their leisure.
- Shabbat and Holidays: The Ulpan group celebrates Shabbat and holidays together in a religious atmosphere.
Duration of the Program:
The Ulpan is approximately 5.5 months long – 155 days.
1. Ages 18-28
2. Good health suitable for work conditions on kibbutz (Approved by physician).
3. Committed to a religious lifestyle
4. Personal interview with a representative of the Kibbutz HaDati.